February is a time of year to indulge in home comforts like cooking big-batch meals, reading in the afternoon and watching movies with the family. Here are a dozen ideas to add to your to-do list this month, from the necessary (clearing sidewalks of snow and ice, say) to the just-for-fun (treating yourself to weekly flowers). — courtesy of Laura Gaskill, Houzz Contributor
1. Rotate your mattress.
2. Pack up a bag of old sheets and towels to donate.
3. Clean entryway floors.
4. Keep sidewalks and entryways free of ice and snow (even while you’re away).
5. Cook to stock up your freezer.
6. Organize bookshelves.
7. Refresh your movie-watching zone.
8. Boost warmth.
9. Check bathrooms for moisture, mildew and mold.
10. Clean the dryer vent (and check for blockages outside).
11. Start planning for a spring or summer home sale.
12. Indulge in weekly fresh flowers.