The first official day of spring is March 20. So whether there’s still snow on the ground or flowers in bloom, you can rest assured that nicer weather is on its way. Usher in the new season with a bit of spring cleaning, some fresh flowers and — if you can get outdoors — a little dirt under your fingernails. — courtesy of Laura Gaskill, Houzz Contributor
1. Make mirrors and table lamps shine.
2. Refresh the entryway.
3. Remove winter layers.
4. Clean up patio furniture.
5. Tune up lawn and garden tools.
6. Clean slipcovers and soft furnishings.
7. Dust high corners and baseboards.
8. Make a garden plan.
9. Get ready for tax time.
10. Simplify the table.
11. Spring-clean the kitchen.
12. Streamline meal planning.
13. Treat yourself to spring blooms.
14. Plant a tree.
15. Inspect your home’s exterior for winter damage and make repairs as needed.
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR's viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.