Kick spring cleaning into high gear, and troubleshoot cooling and irrigation systems for the warmer months ahead …with lengthening days and milder temperatures in many parts of the country, April is a wonderful time to freshen up the home inside and out. To get sparkling windows, a clutter-free garage and more, here are 16 tasks to make the most of the first full month of spring:
1. Keep mosquitoes at bay.
2. Inspect paths and driveway.
3. Clean out trash cans and recycling bins.
4. Check safety devices.
5. Clear clutter.
5. Refresh your entryway, inside and out.
6. Schedule cooling-system maintenance.
7. Spruce up the front porch.
8. Test sprinklers and irrigation system.
9. Wash windows.
10. Clean and inspect screen doors and windows.
11. Clean out the garage.
12. Wash siding.
13. Clean gutters and downspouts.
14. Boost curb appeal.
15. Maintain wood decks and fences.
16. Keep an eye out for termites.
READ MORE from Laura Gaskill, Houzz
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR's viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.